The pandemic has proven teams can be successful in a hybrid setting. This success requires new ways of thinking and creativity to support and engage team members. Effective hybrid leaders draw on their people skills and create new cultural norms to maximize team member engagement. Leaders of virtual teams need to ensure that all members are fully contributing AND feel a part of the collective success. This course will provide you with practical examples on the best ways to support, connect and engage your virtual team.
The following topics will be covered:
- The scale and scope of change that hybrid work has created
- Why hybrid leadership is more than just running good online meetings
- Understanding the unique needs of hybrid teams
- Why clear values and vision are even more important to virtual teams
- How to ensure your virtual culture is just as strong as your in-person culture
- How to watch and use verbal and nonverbal communications virtually
- Practical tips and tools to make in-person and hybrid meetings and check-ins more engaging and productive
- An introduction to online tools to help make your virtual and in-person team communications and meetings more effective
A note about technology. This is course is not a technology how-to course in any one specific meeting platform. We will be referencing a variety of online practices and tools that will be applicable to most virtual meeting platforms.
Four Simple Words Training
As our organizations navigate the seismic shifts that have come from the pandemic, it is clear that ‘soft skills’ (how we work and collaborate with others) are no longer nice to have. As this Forbes article reminds us, they are in fact, critical to organizational survival. To deal with the scale and scope of change our teams are dealing with we need to embrace and celebrate growth mindsets. Our ‘learn and return’ approach to training supports behavioural change and culture shifts.
We have designed dozens of courses for adult learners and run thousands of training sessions. This course is just one of the many Four Simple Words offers for in-person or virtual training.
Our training programs are ideal for teams of 8 – 15 and usually run 3 hours long. Most programs include a workbook we send ahead of time and encourage participants to make notes with. If meeting virtually, we include a free 10-minute Zoom prep before each session to ensure everyone is comfortable with the training technology. We promise the same fun and engaging learning experience we offer in person, all from the comfort of your virtual offices. #BringYourOwnCoffee
All our programs are fully customizable to meet your specific learning or timing needs. Click here to book a time to explore how we can build a customized training program that will support your team’s success. 3 hours too long or not enough? Ask about our micro-training programs and our full-day retreats for board and staff teams.