More customers and clients are stressed by today’s economic and social pressures not to mention the implications of the global pandemic. This anxiousness can show itself in aggressive, hostile or rude behaviour toward staff, including those in customer service, front-line work and general administration. This course looks at the main causes of customer stress and provides practical strategies for dealing with exceptionally poor customer behaviour. We will explore how to use language, listening and questioning skills to maintain control of conversations and reduce the stress involved in dealing with difficult people. This interactive and engaging course is ideal for anyone who regularly encounters customers and clients. Previously titled Managing Strong Customers, this course is our most requested curriculum.
- Working successfully with other people begins by knowing yourself and understanding where you shine – and struggle – when interacting with others
- The many external factors driving behaviour today
- How to read signals about what is driving a specific reaction and how to respond appropriately
- The Behaviour Iceberg and how it influences conversations
- The power of Four Simple Words
- The difference between aggressive and assertive behaviour
- How to recognize and close perception gaps
- How to use listening and questioning skills to diffuse difficult situations
- The key principles of “neutral language”
- Tips for working more collaboratively with others
Four Simple Words Training
As our organizations navigate the seismic shifts that have come from the pandemic, it is clear that ‘soft skills’ (how we work and collaborate with others) are no longer nice to have. As this Forbes article reminds us, they are in fact, critical to organizational survival. To deal with the scale and scope of change our teams are dealing with we need to embrace and celebrate growth mindsets. Our ‘learn and return’ approach to training supports behavioural change and culture shifts.
We have designed dozens of courses for adult learners and run thousands of training sessions. This course is just one of the many Four Simple Words offers for in-person or virtual training.
Our training programs are ideal for teams of 8 – 15 and usually run 3 hours long. Most programs include a workbook we send ahead of time and encourage participants to make notes with. If meeting virtually, we include a free 10-minute Zoom prep before each session to ensure everyone is comfortable with the training technology. We promise the same fun and engaging learning experience we offer in person, all from the comfort of your virtual offices. #BringYourOwnCoffee
All our programs are fully customizable to meet your specific learning or timing needs. Click here to book a time to explore how we can build a customized training program that will support your team’s success. 3 hours too long or not enough? Ask about our micro-training programs and our full-day retreats for board and staff teams.